Disney Family Trip

In case you missed all my excitement you can read about it here… Disney Dreamin’ Post.  I had hoped our first family visit would ease some of my “Year of Disney” excitement, but NOPE, I can’t wait to get back there later this month.

As expected, I did cry a few times when we first got to Magic Kingdom, 9am Wednesday :-) .  However, after 12+ hours on my feet and an hour waiting in line to get to our car, I did not cry when we left :-P

I am very pleased to announce that the original Tiki Room show was back, although they did not return the water-fountain under the White Tiki Birds.

Max, who had been so excited to ride the roller coasters tried them first by riding Thunder Mountain. Heeeheee, it was his only roller coaster ride of the trip.  He decided that roller coasters do too much going up and down.  His favorite Magic Kingdom Rides are the People Mover, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Rangers, and Peter Pan.

Joshua, who had assumed he would like going on all the rides, was very pleased with the whole roller coaster thing.  He went on Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain all on the first day.  His favorite Magic Kingdom Rides were all the roller coasters, Peter Pan, the People Mover, and Buzz Lightyear’s Rangers.

Aubrey also enjoyed the roller coasters.  Her list of favorites is much more selective; Monster’s Inc, Thunder Mountain and the PhilarMagic show.

Patrick is not really a Magic Kingdom fan, he prefers Epcot, however he does have a few favorites, the Carousel of Progress, the People Mover, and Big Thunder Mountain.

My list is considerably more extensive as each ride holds old memories and new fascinations.  I am particularly fond of It’s a Small World, Peter Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Carousel of Progress, the Jungle Cruise, the Rail Road, Big Thunder Mountain, the Tiki Room, the Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Rangers, the People Mover, and a new surprise favorite Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.  Monsters Inc was very, very funny.  It helped that the people in the audience that were “picked on” were awesome, perfectly chosen.

Day two was very eventful.  We started our day in Animal Kingdom.  Joshua and Aubrey joined Patrick for trying out Expedition Everest.  Apparently it was intense.  Joshua was a bit more nervous looking after he got off that one and Aubrey admitted it was pretty nerve-wracking, although she is looking forward to doing it again.  I thought Dinosaur was a great ride; Max was not impressed.  Max did enjoy taking pictures of the animals on the Kilimanjaro Safaris.  Sadly the heat and soar feet drove us out of there around lunch.

We ran to Cici’s Pizza, less than 10 minutes away, and then headed to Hollywood Studios.  There we encountered Max’s all time favorite ride, Toy Story Midway Mania.  Aubrey really liked the Star Wars ride. Joshua enjoyed both.  I was heartbroken that the Narnia attraction had just recently closed, for good :-( .  Patricks highlight had to be meeting his childhood play thing Army Football Guy(see pic below).  I enjoyed the Great Movie Ride.  It was fun trying to identifying all the different movies.  We were not able to see the Indiana Jones Show as we got there too late in the day, so it is up first on our next visit.

At around 7pm we ran over to Epcot.  Yes, that is 3, THREE parks in one day.  Did I mention really wanting to squish in as much as possible in 3 days :-P . At Epcot we set our expectations on 2 rides, Spaceship Earth and Soarin’; neither disappointed. After that we headed back to the wonderful timeshare with Kim, Rick and the kids.  We did not really get to see them much until Friday when they joined us at Epcot, except a little bit in Magic Kingdom for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and show, the Tiki Room show, and Sarah joined us for the Jungle Cruise.

On our third and final day in the Parks we went to Epcot.  We arrived a bit before 9am and proceeded straight to Soarin’, this time with Rick, Kim and most of the kids, poor Luke is still not quite tall enough.  We then headed to the Living with the Land ride which I really like and the Circle of Life show which I do not.  The rest of the day we enjoyed a slower pace going from one ride to the next taking our time to explore the exit areas games.

I must mention here that I am a big baby about roller coasters, as in I can’t do them.  Test Track, however, is not a roller coaster per say, although it is the fastest ride, topping out at almost 65 mph.  We all loved it so much we went on it twice.

For dinner we treated ourselves to eating at the Mexico exhibit.  The days prior and the next few days we have been/are studying Mexico.  Joshua said “Mom, I love this empanada!  This has been the best part of the day! Can we always eat here?”  It was amazing how much energy we recouped sitting there enjoying our meal in the cool breeze by the lagoon.

Saturday was spent with Kim, Rick, their kids and their friend Jan.  Thank you Jan for the nice pool pictures.  Rick, Kim what can I say?  THANK YOU!!!

Although the kids and I already have our next trip scheduled, planned, and ready, the wait is killing me.  :-)  On the one hand I hope this intense excitement wears off a bit, and on the other, I love feeling like a kid again, so excited for the future.  Late in October, Pat and I are going to treat ourselves to the Food and Wine tasting festival to celebrate our 17th wedding Anniversary.  I am so excited I can’t wait.

Mr. Walt Disney, thank you for everything you did to bring your dream to life for all of us. Eternal rest give unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace.  Dear Lord I thank you for your abundant blessings.  Thank you for providing my family with this incredible opportunity.  May your grace shine upon us.  May we be ever appreciative of our many blessings. May we use this time wisely to continue to build our family bonds and to strengthen us to continue to fight the good fight and stay the course to You.  God Bless all those Disney Cast Members that each day bring “Disney Magic” to those that they encounter. Amen.

Instead of putting each picture in individually I am just going to post it as a gallery.  To see any pic larger just click on it.

This entry was posted in Aubrey, Disney, Homeschooling, Joshua, Local Attractions, Max, Patrick, Prayer, Sussette, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Disney Family Trip

1. Aubrey says:

We had such a great time!!!

2. Jessica says:

Love the pic of Pat an his guy. ;) Glad everyone had a good time.

3. Angela says:

Looks like you and the family had a really fun time! Hey, is Canada represented in Epcot? Check it out next time and let me know if any of their restaurants serve Poutine. If they do, I’d seriously consider making a trip up just for that! LOL!!!

4. goodman's girl says:

Love the photos! The first of many!! ;) Max’s list of favorites is EXACTLY the same as my Patrick’s when we first started going (he was almost 3); how cute-brought back memories! Can’t wait for all the Disney posts that are sure to come…..
    (Oh P.S. I *tried* to tell you about Animal Kingdom)

5. Angela MacKenzie says:

I LOVE UR PHOTOS!

6. Angela S. MacKenzie says:

2 days ago I was in Disney World with Sarah and Monica. I was SO sad you guys couldn’t go :(
    I’m in love with Expedition Everest. We rode it 2 times then Monica admitted that it was terrifying to her. Then we went on the go-back-in-time Chester and Hester’s dinosaur ride.We rode that 6 times. Then we left for the Magic Kingdom. We went straight to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe and got soup and Coke. Then we did The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was pretty nice, though I won’t say that about it’s line. IT was a long line, way longer than the promised 10 minutes. It was about 30 minutes. I heard one of the cast member’s say before we got in that the time thing was broken. It was nice, even though it was FREEZING and cold. It was raining earlier that morning. We did the Haunted Mansion, and then Sarah and I somehow ate ice cream in that weather…? Dad picked us up after that. Then we went to Sam’s for pizza and drove home. About half way there ( the park was probably closing right now ) I said, ” I wish we could have stayed later. ” Dad said, ” Monica said that you all were ready to leave. ” THAT is the reason why i need a phone. It doesn’t have to an iPhone, just a regular flip-phone with no internet or google or games. I remember begging Monica for her phone so i could talk to dad. She said no. Becuase she was out of battery. THen 30 minutes later on the bus to Magic Kingdom, she played Temple Run. While I could be talking to Dad. I was going to tell him that It would be awesome if he could take the time to go into Animal Kingdom and ride on Expedition Everest. He would love it. And Monica said she would go on it again if Dad went. Of course, she didn’t tell Dad. Sarah was nice and saw that Monica was afraid, so she said she didn’t want to go on it. In truth, she really loved it, and wanted to go on it at least 10 times over. I wanted that too, but the one with the 2nd newest Samsung Galaxy smartphone got to decide everything. She was very hesitant on going on Thunder Mountain. Anyway, back to the conversation with dad. I said, ” I could have lasted about 5 hours more!” and Sarah said so too. Then dad says, ” Monica said you were all very tired and wanted nothing whatsoever to do with going on rides again. ” Then Monica chuckled and said, ” I thought I was speaking truthfully for all of us. ” By the look on her face, she knew very well that we could have stayed longer, and our feet weren’t even to the hurting point yet. She also knew very well that we wanted to go on the wildest of rides ( Everest!!) Sarah and I were actually going to go by ourselves so we could do Everest over and over again and Thunder mountain too. Then Monica cut in that we needed a ‘chaperon’ and couldn’t go rampaging around Disney ( the safest place IN THE WORLD ) without her. Or a grown up. We only stayed in the park 3 hours. Maybe even less. Yeah, it was… only 1 hour and 45 minutes! Oh wow… now I am really realizing that she cheated us immensely! I knew that she cheated us, but not this much until I put in keyboard and screen, oh wow! Dad said he was going to go to Everest with us at the end of day when he wasn’t working but Monica said that we didn’t want to do that… Oh wow… Monica took away 7 hours of being at Disney from us!!! I’m now going to resay this message in a gratefull way: We went straight to Everest and Monica blessed us and let us go on it 2 times! That was SO gracious of her… Then we went on Chester and Hester’s …. time thingy ride that I forget the beautiful name of! She was so generous and let us go to the Magic Kingdom for 2 WHOLE RIDES!!!!!! She is SO generous! She wanted to fall asleep on the Monorail instead! She is a wonderful, beautiful, generous sister!

There. I feel better now that I have put all my feelings about this last Disney trip on screen. I wish you could have come with us, Websters! ( and ALL of the Goodmans! )

Angie